Compassion, Love, and Our Lives!
Join me for a hands-on, interactive art “workout,” designed to strengthen your empathy and compassion as we also examine the virtue of love. We will use my Balanced Way of Seeing® method to explore multiple layers of meaning in Ben Shahn’s painting Spring 1947. We will consider this work and its timely relevance to life and love during the Pandemic. Reflecting on past and present moments in our lives, we can rediscover sources of our own empathy needed to confront challenging relationships and issues in times ahead.
- Experience a hands-on, interactive art “workout” on Zoom
- Limited to 14 participants; minimum 6 participants.
- No previous art experience necessary
- Workshop time: 2 hours
- Provided prior to the event: materials list, Zoom link.
- Emailed post event: Empathy Resource PDF
“Empathy is simply listening, holding space, withholding judgment, emotionally connecting, and communicating that incredibly healing message of you’re not alone.“
Image Credit: Ben Shahn. Spring, 1947 Albright-Knox Art Gallery