Community Persistence and the 2020 Pandemic!
Join me for a hands-on, interactive art “workout,” designed to strengthen your tenacity and courage. We will use my Balanced Way of Seeing® method to explore layers of meaning in John T. Biggers 1966 painting: Shotgun, Third Ward #1. We will consider this work and explore its timely relevance to the 2020 Pandemic. Reflecting on past moments in our lives requiring determination through community engagement, we can rediscover sources of our own fortitude needed to confront challenging issues in times ahead.
- Experience a hands-on, interactive art “workout” on Zoom
- Limited to 12 registered participants; minimum 6 participants.
- No previous art experience necessary
- Workshop time: 2 hours
- Provided prior to the event: materials list, handout, Zoom ID & password
- Date Offered: August 29 purchase tickets below
“We never gave up. We didn’t get lost in a sea of despair. We kept the faith. We kept pushing and pulling. We kept marching. And we made some progress.” —John Lewis